domingo, 23 de julio de 2017

Double trouble (Burnt zed + zombie yo) and good news!

Hello there!

Sorry for the delay, but I had trouble yesterday. Seems like the roads were cut off...

Anyhow, let's get going. Today I got 2 zombies to show you, because they're probably the most known out of all my retextured zombies. That plus some very good news! But I'll leave that for last.

This will be what I like to call the "nostalgia entry" because it's all about bringing old friends back. So let's talk about the burnt zombie. This one caught my eye the moment he got reworked. He used to look like this:


Now, to be honest, I actually really liked the way he looked back then. He has his charred skin, with red patches of clotted blood not completely burnt yet showing as well and his burnt clothes; but then, it changed to this:


Many people named it the "lava demon" for obvious reasons. The devs listened and changed him once again:


Better, but not enough; and certainly not in the ground of the 1st one. I decided to get the texture of the old burnt zombie and get him back completely, here's the result:



Much better in my opinion. Charred skin, burnt clothes, no over-the-top lava glow.
You can see I added red patches of clotted blood as well all over his body and his head:


And to top it all, I also kept some unburnt skin on the top of his head, like the old one used to have:


Disgusting, right? Well, you should check our friend zombie Yo then. This is how he looks in the game:



Again, the same thing. Clean clothers, clean hands, clean skin. Big gap on his head, though, that looks nice. So with this zombie I wanted to bring some old feelings back too, I figured that little to no zombies show bones in the game while the old ones were the complete opposite. Look at these guys:


Exactly. Really cool looking. I want more zombies to look like this, and I decided to start with Yo:


I really like how it turned out. Rib cage showing with blood coming down from it as well as his spine showing through his shirt on his back side, exactly like one of the old zombies from previous alphas.

I also added more blood to his head wound and more injuries. You can see his lip is completely messed up and blood comes out of it. There's also blood coming down from his ears, cause I figured it would look kinda cool.



Well, that's it for now. Before you go, though; I got some really good news today! Recently I managed to get into the game's block files. This means I can finally work on some block texture replacements as well!!



Tell me what you would like to see in regards of this, and it might happen. I'm really interested in hearing you guys's thoughts.

I hope you like it!





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario